There are many reasons why people want to have side hustles along with their full-time job. Whether it be to have extra spending money, to pay off student loans or save for college, or to network and meet new people, balancing a side gig such as Promotional Modeling requires both flexibility and personal schedule organization to make sure that nothing overlaps. It’s important to know exactly how including working with Modern Talent will fit into your current day-to-day, and understanding the expectations that come with Promotional Modeling & In-Store Samplings.
When deciding to add a side job to your full-time career schedule with Modern Talent, the Brand Ambassador knows that they are 100% available for an event shift before applying for the job. When applying for a shift, the following needs to be double (or triple) checked before letting your agency know that you are available:
- Your calendar! Make sure that you don’t have anything else on the books. Whether it be a commitment with a different agency, a meeting, or a work happy hour at your full-time job.
- If you have a child/children, have arrangements made prior for a reliable babysitter if needed.
- Transportation. If you don’t have a reliable vehicle, are you able to get to the shift with public transportation? If Uber/Lyft is available in your area, are you able to order one right away? It’s always a good idea to have a back-up plan if your car doesn’t start, especially in the cold Midwest winter months.
- Check the location of the event, especially if you’re coming from your full-time job. How far away is it? Will you be driving through rush hour? If it’s farther away and there will be traffic on the way there, the chances of you showing up late are a lot greater, and being on time (15 minutes before the shift starts) is a must!
- Timing of the event. If it’s a late night Bar Promotion shift, and you have to be up early for work the next morning, it’s best to apply for a shift that is earlier in the evening, such as a liquor store tasting, so that you are able to go home and get a good night’s sleep.
- If your full-time job is being a University Student, check your upcoming exam and class schedule. Know ahead of time how you choose to organize your study routine, so that you aren’t scrambling to balance it all! A great thing about being a college student and working for Modern Talent is that the shifts are usually only 2-4 hours long, and the pay is great!
The agency is depending on the staff member to still be available when deciding on who will be booked. When a Brand Ambassador applies for a job and marks themselves as “available”, they are now fully responsible for the shift when they are officially booked. Being dependable and punctual goes a long way in the promo world. Being able to balance multiple jobs while maintaining an outgoing, engaging, and positive attitude makes you a cherished team member, and Modern Talent will notice and value your hard work!