We all know people who are extremely organized- and wonder HOW they seem to always have their life/schedule all together while maintaining a social life, and even fitting time to go to the gym multiple times a week. Sometimes it’s hard to remember what commitments you have made, and which days you have scheduled events.
People are not born organized, they simply teach themselves how to become more organized, and continue to make a habit out of it in their every-day life. When juggling one or more jobs, remembering to pay bills, maintaining your relationships, and having side hobbies… it seems impossible to remember every important date and event on your schedule.
Becoming a more organized person takes some effort to make into a habit, but I have some tips and tools that are very helpful to help an unorganized person figure out how to organize their calendar and planner, as well as their work and social life, which will lead to far less confusion and stress in the future!
- Keep EVERYTHING written down: If you are a beginner in wanting to keep your life more organized, simply writing things down such as appointments, deadlines, due dates, and promotions and in-store demo shifts in a planner or notebook is extremely helpful. Although Modern Talent uses PopBookings for scheduling that has automatic reminders, writing dates of events down will help organize your personal calendar. There are so many options for planners of all kinds and for all types of organizational needs on Amazon, and at Target or Office Max. By writing down things that you should remember, you have a far better chance of remembering to get it done or preparing for a deadline or scheduled event. Trying to remember everything in your memory is NOT effective, you will not remember everything that way.
- Declutter and downsize on a regular basis: When your bedroom, car, office, and closet are unorganized, you will feel the same way. Make a habit out of going through your bedroom, car, and closet once a week to keep it clean and uncluttered. Get rid of clothes and shoes that you no longer wear and donate them to Goodwill or sell them for some extra cash at a local consignment shop. The more decluttered your living space is, the clearer your mind will be.
- STOP procrastinating: We all know how difficult this habit can be to break. Nobody wants to do their homework or work on a huge work project when you’d rather be doing other things. However, waiting until the last minute to finish important tasks will only result in unnecessary stress. Like I had mentioned earlier, writing down deadlines will help in making a habit out of being more organized. Writing a “to-do” list to remind yourself of important deadlines and projects coming up will get you in the mindset to accomplish goals and tasks before they are due, and crush them! Getting things done the night before they are due will most likely result in sloppy work that you won’t be as proud of if you had organized your time better to do a quality job.
Remember, good habits such as being someone who is organized will take some time to form, but will be even harder to break. An organized life is a happy life!
There are many traits that Modern Talent looks for in a great Promotional Model or Brand Ambassador. Being professional, possessing an outgoing and positive attitude, and having an overall hard work-ethic are only a few of the personality traits that are important in being successful in a promotional modeling career.
Among these traits that make a talented Promotional Model stand out amongst the competition, having the ability to lead is one that is extremely important. Leadership is an important trait to have in all types of business settings because it shows that the individual has the ability to take initiative and is able to think strategically while seeing the group’s goals and working extra hard to achieve them. So that everyone working an event, no matter what the size, is successful from start to finish.
Modern Talent recognizes who their leaders are among their “veteran” Models, and these individuals are given the role of Lead Promotional Model at events, tradeshows, bar promotions, and in-store product demos to turn that extra initiative into action with management, staff, and consumers. These leaders make sure that events that they are working with one or more Promotional Model are running efficiently and smoothly.
Although there are many ways that someone can prove their leadership abilities in a work setting, there are some leadership traits that are more important than others while working specifically in the promotional modeling industry.
Here are some of the most important traits of someone who has the potential to be a great Lead Promotional Model for Modern Talent:
- Communication: Being able to communicate with coworkers to plan ahead and coordinate before meeting at the event they are booked for is crucial for the success of the promotion. Figuring out matching attire, as well as parking/meeting locations in order to walk into an event together will get rid of any confusion and miscommunication. Using proper communication tools and planning ahead proves that the Promotional Models are well-prepared to work.
- Confidence: Being confident during a shift is key, and having the background knowledge on the product being promoted will help the Brand Ambassador confidently speak with consumers about it. Being confident is an extremely necessary trait in being an effective leader, because things won’t always run as smoothly as we plan them to, and that’s where our best leaders come into play. They will put out the fires while remaining calm and assuring the team that setbacks can be fixed and keeping the key objective to keep working and moving forward, so that everyone else on the team feels the same way.
- Commitment: Lead Promotional Models know the ropes, they are experienced in the industry and have proven time and time again that they are committed to maintaining a professional and positive reputation for Modern Talent. Being a committed leader means to lead by example by working hard, being reliable and ALWAYS on time, and continuing to take the “extra mile” by making sure that each event that they are booked for is executed beautifully.
Finding those leaders for your business that are committed to working hard, want to learn new things, staying on top of tasks, all while helping the whole team succeed are valuable and will result in many positive benefits for your company in the long run!
Facebook was created in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his roommates when he was a college student at Harvard. Mark had no idea that it would explode into the social and cultural phenomenon that it has become today for people all over the world. People of all ages and demographics use Facebook each day for news, connecting with new and old friends, and much more. It has quickly become the most popular social media platform with over 2 billion active users. Along with having this high number of traffic from people, Facebook also recently reached over 50 million active business accounts.
Modern Talent is one of these 50 million businesses who uses Facebook on a daily basis. This Minneapolis-based company has been able to grow exponentially over the past few years, with the help of exposure with advertisements, posts, and likes on Facebook. There are many benefits for businesses of all sizes to use Facebook as a way to communicate and advertise what services they provide, their contact information, and to see what reviews they have from past and current clients and employees/independent contractors.
Along with these easy-to-see benefits at first glance of looking at a business page, there are also many other benefits that Facebook provides for a business such as Modern Talent, which provides Promotional Models, Brand Ambassadors, Wine Professionals, and In-Store Product Demos, just to name off a few of their always professional services to fit the needs of any current or future client.
- Customer and Potential Hire Interaction: Modern Talent’s Facebook page is a great way to respond to our future and current clients, as well as to the men and women who are interested in joining the Modern Talent team. Responses can be made quickly from using the messenger feature as well as responding to comments on daily posts. It’s great to see and analyze the people who are “liking” the posts and following our page!
- Standing out from competition: There are millions of other businesses that are also using Facebook and other social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter in order to stay relevant and ahead of the competition. Modern Talent realizes how important that it is to show their followers what it is they are doing, fun events that are happening, as well as remind consumers on the professional and eclectic services provided. Therefore, posts on social media are made on a daily basis to ALWAYS keep followers updated!
- Saving time and money: One of the greatest things about having a business page on Facebook is that it’s free to set up and use daily. It doesn’t cost anything to advertise Modern Talent’s Promotional Modeling services or post our application link for potential contractors. Countless people are addicted to scrolling through their Facebook feeds and check multiple times in one day, and are actively on the social networking site for an average of 50 minutes per day. This benefits a business page because making advertisements and reaching an audience is easy and simple to achieve, because the potential customers and new Brand Ambassadors are already there!
Now that the Summer promotional season is winding down and coming to an end, our Promotional Models at Modern Talent are ready and eager to start doing Fall Promotions and in-store demos that cater to the Fall season.
There are many wonderful things about the Fall season in the Midwest. The leaves are changing to beautiful and vibrant colors, the delicious comfort food, pumpkin spiced everything, going to the apple orchard, and of course, football season. Who doesn’t love going to their favorite sports bar with their family and friends to enjoy their favorite beer or cocktail during the football season to watch their beloved team play? Sunday’s are now for NFL football, and it’s a glorious time of year for sports fans!
Our Promotional Models can make any football game day an even more fun and enjoyable experience for consumers at On-Premise bars of all sizes. They can also help bring in a larger crowd by hosting specials on what they are promoting during the game, playing fun games to get the crowd involved, and give the customers at the bar some free samples, prizes, and giveaways while they are enjoying the game. Even the consumers who don’t know a thing about football will be having a great time when there is a promotion going on! (Who doesn’t like free things?!)
As I’m sure that any die-hard NFL fan has heard, Minneapolis will be hosting the 2018 Super Bowl at the new US Bank Stadium, home of the Minnesota Vikings. Super Bowl LII will bring an estimated $407 million in new spending to the Minneapolis metro area. Along with this extreme monetary impact, there will be an estimated 125,400 non Minnesota resident visitors that will be visiting Minneapolis for the big event.
Bar promotions leading up to and during the upcoming Super Bowl would be huge for marketing any alcohol brand. Why? Exposure, exposure, and more exposure. Countless people will be exposed to the branding and sampling of a product, whether they are already familiar with the brand or not. There is a direct association between exposure to alcohol advertising or promotional activity and sales, and that’s where our Brand Ambassadors at Modern Talent come in and become useful for the marketing of any brand during events of all sizes.
With how high of traffic that there will be at countless bars around US Bank Stadium, as well as the entire Metro Twin Cities area this football season to watch both the Minnesota Gophers and Vikings play, having our Promotional Models there to represent a brand will result in making a homey and exciting atmosphere for visiting football fans from all over. Our staff at Modern Talent are engaging, outgoing, attractive, and passionate about the brands that they are educated on, and having them at any sporting event would result in many new lifelong consumers, especially during big events such as the Super Bowl.
The subject of wine often seems complex to most people. There are so many different types of grapes that are aged and produced differently and at different altitudes, and the differences between all different types of wine goes on and on. The average customer that comes into a liquor store is most likely only going to think that there are three types of wine (red, white, and rose) and that’s okay, because that’s where our Wine Professionals at Modern Talent become useful to any wine brand.
Our Wine Tasting Professionals at Modern Talent receive extensive professional development on wine brand knowledge and how to specifically sell wine. There are statistics that show the average consumer has a five times better chance of purchasing a wine after trying it, versus not.
For any customer that is coming into a store and gets super excited to see that there is a wine sampling going on, there are a few things to keep in mind when tasting new wines. Wine tastings are a great opportunity to find out about what you like and don’t like in a wine. Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure that as a wine customer, you are getting the most out of your wine tasting experience.
Try something new: Go out of your comfort zone when tasting new wines. Are you someone that can only drink sweet white wine such as moscato? This is the perfect opportunity to be bold and try out a chardonnay, pinot grigio, or even a merlot if you’re feeling extra adventurous. Samples are free, therefore you won’t be losing out on anything if you end up not liking the wine that you tried.
Ask questions: Our Wine Professionals have the knowledge and are informative and approachable for any questions that you may have about a certain wine that you are trying. It’s their job to know the details about each wine that they are sampling, and they are happy to answer any questions that a customer has.
Remember the 4 important steps to drinking wine: Don’t just knock the wine back (even if you’ve had a long day). You will get the most out of your wine sampling experience if you remember to follow the 4 important steps.
- Look – Look at the color of the wine. Is it a light red or a dark red? Cloudy or clear? Watery or dark?
- Swirl – Next, you will want to lightly swirl the wine in your sample cup/wine glass. When you do this the more droplets of wine that cling to the inside of the glass indicate a higher alcohol content. It will tell you if the wine is light-bodied to heavy-bodied.
- Smell – Bring the wine sample up to your nose so that you can smell the aromas coming from it. You will be able to get a second impression of the wine and pick up on familiar scents.
- Sip – This is the best part. Remember to slowly sip, and not gulp down the wine. Let it sit in your mouth for a moment to take in the flavors of the wine.
Take photos/notes: In love with the new wine that our Wine Professional gave you a sample of? Great! Take it home and enjoy with your family and friends (or just yourself). If you like it but you can’t buy the bottle that day, that’s okay too. It’s a good idea to write down notes on the name of the wine brand and type of wine that you tried. Also, take a photo of the brand you enjoyed on your phone, so that you can remember it for next time you need to pick up a bottle!